I’ve got a fantastic lunch recipe for you today that’s fast and easy … and it’s loaded with anti-inflammatory ingredients.
From the leafy greens to the colorful veggies to the delicious dressing, you’re going to want to add this into your regular rotation.
This is also super delicious with salmon, scallops, or shrimp instead of tuna.
TIP: Try using any leftover dressing as a dipping sauce. SO GOOOOD!
Mediterranean Power Salad
- 2 tbsp dressing (see recipe below)
- 3 cups baby spinach or other dark-green leafy vegetable, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5-ounce pouch water-packed tuna
- ½ cup rinsed cannellini (white) beans (optional)
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 celery stalk, chopped fine
- 3-4 grape tomatoes, cut in half
For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (from ½ medium lemon)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard, (coarse or smooth)
- ½ tsp sugar-free sweetener
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Make the dressing: Mix all the ingredients well in a small bowl, using a fork or whisk. Save any extra for another day's lunch.
Assemble the salad: Toss the greens with the dressing in a bowl, then top with the tuna, beans, and other veggies. Toss lightly and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! It’s especially refreshing and protein-packed on warm days.
Reaching your goals can be a lot easier (and more delicious!) than you think. Especially when you have someone in your corner, cheering you forward.
Book your very own Discovery Session HERE and let's talk about how you can achieve a body that's fun to live in again!
Make it an amazing day,
Jessica Shotwell Walker, INHC, Pn1
Momentum Transformations, LLC
Guided Life Change…At Your Own Pace
*Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
*Dragon Boat Paddling Trainer
*Precision Nutrition Level 1 Coach